1923 FORD MODEL T TOURER
This very rare French four door Model T was built in 1923. On arrival of the chassis in France, Paris coach builder Henry Binder built this four door Torpedo body. The first owner was Baron Philippe de Rothschild of Bordeaux.
We sold this wonderful motor car to its last owner in 2009, a pre-war enthusiast based in Stoke on Trent. Prior to delivering the Ford to him six years ago, our workshop stripped and rebuilt the engine. A photo record of the work is with the vehicle's history file. Over the past six years the car has been treated as a museum piece on only driven on a handful of occasions. It was transported back to us in 2011 for a full service and MOT and further work to include re-conditioning the speedo drive and stripping and setting the carburettor. Since the engine rebuild just a few miles have been completed and as a result the unit is in excellent order.
In 2009 we imported the Model T from Germany. It had been with the same owner since 1975, a Graf of Germany, similar to an Earl. His family are collectors of historic motoring, antiques and general history. On original purchase in 1975, the family had the Model T restored and have kept a comprehensive history since. The Model T has attended many Concours D'Elegance and has been used as a real museum piece. Newspaper cut outs of these appearances are with the history.
The Ford presents very well and has been beautifully re-trimmed with red leather upholstery. The interior is in outstanding condition, as is the hood. The body work is strong; the paintwork of a very good standard with a gleaming finish and the car has many original features such as the rear luggage case, brass pulp horn, brass step plates and kerosene lamps. The Model T drives very well with an excellent engine and gearbox and will be supplied with a full 12 months MOT, fresh service and function check.
This is a real piece of motoring history and whether the car is kept as an exhibition piece or toured and rallied, it should prove a pleasure to own.